Students Rushed to Hospital after Collapsing Over School Dormitory Fire


Nearly 20 students of Kyamakanda Secondary School in Rukungiri District were rushed to hospital after most of them collapsed on learning that their dormitory had been burnt by fire. 

Reported in the evening of February 17, 2023 as students attended their prep, the fire burnt properties worth millions of Uganda Shillings, leaving students without belongings.

Elly Maate, the Kigezi Regional Police Spokesperson, has been quoted as saying police had put out the fire after quickly responding to the outbreak.

After learning that the dormitory which housed 54 male students, about 16 students — most of them males — collapsed and were driven to nearby health facilities such as Nyakibare Hospital, Rugarama and Buyanja Health Centers. Most of them were out of danger and had recovered from the shock.

Police were yet to establish what sparked off the fire. Investigations were ongoing.

SAD NEWS: Tears as 11 Ugandan Students are Burnt to Death in School Fire

Comments are closed.

error: Content is protected !!