Justice Esther Kisakye dominated news this week following Supreme Court drama that suggested a rift between her and Chief Justice Alfonse Owiny-Dollo as well as other justices.
On the entire bench of nine that handled National Unity Platform (NUP) leader Robert Kyagulanyi aka Bobi Wine’s presidential election petition, Justice Kisakye is the most experienced.
She was a member of former Justice Bart Katureebe’s Supreme Court bench.
Here is Justice Esther Kisakye quick profile
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE): Trinity College Nabbingo
- Bachelor’s of Law: Makerere University
- Diploma in Legal Practice: Law Development Center
- Master of Laws: Georgetown University Law Center, in Washington, DC, US
- Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD): American University, Washington, DC, USA (thanks to international fellowship from the American Association of University Women and a scholarship grant from the Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund)
- Lectured at Makerere University Faculty of Law
- November 2009: Appointed Supreme Court Judge
- Served as president of the National Association of Women Judges in Uganda
- Also chaired the East African Judicial Committee
- Husband: Samanya Kitimbo (m.2011)