NBS TV news anchor Samson Kasumba is in the news after he got an accident that left him hospitalized.
Kasumba, who resides in Naalya Estates, is said to have got involved in the accident in Ntinda as he rode to work. He has received ‘get-well-soon quick recovery’ messages from a number of people, including first son and Commander Land Forces (CLF) Lt Gen Muhoozi Kainerugaba.
So, who exactly is Samson Mulumba Kasumba?
- Born in 1974, Kasumba is aged 47.
- Father: Fenekansi Kasumba Muwanga
- Mother: Justine Nabacwa Kasumba Muwanga
- Born in Mubende, Kasumba is a Muganda of Rwandan origin.
- He is said to have used the Gashumba name in his early school days before abandoning it for Kasumba.
- Wife runs Kasumba’s events management business
- Father of three daughters.
- Attended Clock Tower Nursery School, Police Nursery School, Nsambya, Jack and Jill Nursery School, Kireka SDA Primary School, Nakasero Primary School and Kyambogo College
- A-level: Kololo High School
- Failed A-level
- Diploma in industrial fine art and design from Nkumba University
- Graduated with Degree in Theology Bugema University
- Master’s in Theology (New testament) from the University of Wales
- Lectured Theology at Bugema University
- Kasumba was defrocked because of his untenable on Seventh Day Adventist faith
- Contributed to a magazine called Selected Reminiscences of President Yoweri Museveni
- Run a private business along both Nasser Road and Johnson Street
- Manager at Jeremy Car Wash
- Gospel Show Host at Monitor FM
- Volunteered at Interreligious Council of Uganda, later ran its communications campaigns
- Worked as news anchor at Urban TV under Vision Group
- Joined NBS TV in 2016
- Lived outside Uganda for some years and gained his accent.
- He also insists his father did a lot to ensure that his children speak good English.
- In some interviews, he has sworn he doesn’t feign his accent