Makerere University construction management professor Anthony Geoffrey Genmungu Kerali has been found dead in his bedroom at his home located at at Plot 1, Prince Charles Drive in Kololo in Kampala.
A lecturer at the College of Engineering, Design, Art, and Technology (Cedat), Prof Kerali was found dead in his bedroom at about 3pm on February 18.
His relatives and househelps had broken into his bedroom after they noticed he had taken long to come out.
He started the department of construction economics and management at Makerere University.
Kerali also previously served on the executive of the Makerere University Academic Staff Association (Muasa).
Muasa chairman Dr Deus Muhwezi Kamunyu said Kerali “loved posting about our difficult past as a country and our beauty too, was a super golfer and a principled man.”
“Someone at the golf club asked me an intriguing question. A former Justice of the Supreme Court. How many Northerners still live in Kololo? Sounded casual. But the point was noted. Only Dr Obote family, Dr Martin Aliker, and me. Why? Incredible simple question that exposes a lot,” read the professor’s last social media post.
Makerere Professor Anthony Geoffrey Genmungu Kerali Quick Profile
- Year of birth: 1962
- Place of birth: Erusi village, Otanyi sub-county in Nebbi district
- Parents: The late Mzee Claudio Mamba Kerali and Zebia Kerali
- Bachelor of science in civil engineering – Makerere University
- Master of science in construction economics – Loughborough, United Kingdom
- PhD in Material Science – Warwick University