President Yoweri Kaguta Tibuhaburwa Museveni has reportedly appointed Brig Gen Robert Freeman Mugabe to replace Gen Andrew Gutti as the new chairman of the General Court Martial.
Lt Gen Gutti’s term ended at the start of last month. He is also expected to retire in coming months.
Until his appointment as the military court boss, Brig Mugabe was the adjutant general at the Bombo military headquarters for about two years.
Mugabe’s previous roles included: Air Defense Division Administrative Officer as well as Division Operations and Training Officer.
Also appointed to the general court martial, which is based at Makindye, were:
- Col Joseph Ecelare Okalebo
- Lt Col Sam Ntungura,
- Maj Angella Catherine Laker
- Capt Lucy Nicole Etoroi
- Capt Abdu Basajjabala
- Warrant Officer One Oyar Boris Mark
- Brigadier General Ronald Solomon Bigirwa
- Col Benard Tumwesigyire
- Col David Emmanuel Muhanguzi
- Col David Ociti
- Lt Col Patrick Matovu
- Lt Col Sebastian Bossa
- Lt Col David Baguma
- Maj Stephen Etumidde
- Maj Cyprian Sande Magezi
- Maj Jubilee Omax Denis
- Capt Grace Mbabazi
- Capt Christine Sayuni
- Warrant Officer One Robert Nyarare
Retained on Court Martial Bench
- Col John Bizimana: Secretary/Registrar to the General Court Martial
- Lt Col Raphael Mugisha: Prosecutor
- Capt Ambrose Guma: Prosecutor
- Silas Mutungi: Defense Counsel
- Col Richard Tukacungurwa: Judge Advocate