Kyambogo University Vice Chancellor Prof Eli Katunguka has announced a revised calendar and guidelines for final year students.
On September 20, President Yoweri Museveni allowed education institutions to reopen their gates to finalists and candidates.
Now Prof Katunguka has announced key dates and guidelines to be followed by finalists, 11,943 in number, who will be on campus for about two months.
- Reopening date: Saturday, October 17, 2020.
- Teaching commences: October 19, 2020
- Teaching ends: November 13, 2020
- Exams begin: November 16, 2020
- Exams end: November 29, 2020
VC Katunguka told finalists to come with masks and sanitizers, saying the university won’t provide these materials.
He also reminded students, parents and guards of their financial obligations, and clarified on allowance expectations on the part of government-sponsored students.
“No student will be allowed into exams unless they have paid all fees required,” Katunguka said during a press conference held at Kyambogo University on September 28.
“Government sponsored students had received their food and living out allowances for semester two. There won’t be any other allowance from government.”
The university has also put in place measures to keep students free from Covid19, and protocols for management of cases once they occur. These include:
- All halls of residence will be fumigated
- Halls will be filled to half capacity
- All students’ property will be disinfected before accessing halls of residence
- Hand washing facilities will be installed at all halls of residence
- There won’t be team sports during this session
- Individual physical exercises for fitness purposes will be allowed but recognizing recommended social distancing practices
Management of Covid cases
- The University medical center has put in place protocols for referral of suspected COVID 19 cases assisted by the 24 hour ambulances services.
- Emergency numbers will be displayed on all notice boards for quick action
- The infection control and prevention committee has been constituted to ensure implementation of infection control at the medical center and the University.
- A screening area for isolation of suspected Covid19 cases has been put in place.