Muhammed Kaaya, the Secretary, Education Service Commission (ESC), has released the list of 3,000 successful candidates who have been appointed as Education Officers (EO) or graduate teachers, as well as Assistant Education Officers (AEO) on government payroll.
The 3,000 were picked from over 30,000 teachers who sat for interviews for the Centre of Kampala Phase 1 (9th – 13th May, 2022), (1 5th – 16th June, 2022) and Up Country Centres of Arua, Gulu, Mbale and Mbarara from 16th May – 16th June, 2022 in respect of posts advertised under Advert No.2/2021.
The ESC has appointed 86 Physical Education (PE) education officers; 144 IRE education officers, 142 Chemistry education officers, 122 Physics education officers, 189 ICT education officers, 155 Agriculture DM education officers, 149 English education officers, 135 Mathematics education officers, and 137 Biology education officers.
The Commission also appointed 223 Physics assistant education officers, 276 Mathematics assistant education officers, 170 Chemistry assistant education officers, 125 Physical assistant education officers , 162 Biology assistant education officers, English 319 assistant education officers, 184 Kiswahili assistant education officers, 82 Business Education assistant education officers, 32 CRE assistant education officers, as well as 50 Agriculture assistant education officers.
In total, the ESC appointed 1,259 education officers and 1,623 assistant education officers.
The Commission further appointed head teachers and deputy head teachers, laboratory and library assistants as well as stenographer secretaries.
The ESC has appointed 20 head teachers, 127 deputy head teachers, 92 stenographer secretaries, 95 library assistants, and 150 laboratory assistants.
ESC secretary Kaaya has since informed successful applicants to pick their appointment or notification letters on specified dates.
“The successful Candidates should pick their notification letters from Education Service Commission Offices at Farmers’ House First Floor, Kampala as per the schedule in the Table below,” said Kaaya on July 21.
“Please come along with your National Identity Card and a Blue or Black Pen. Do come on the date your post and subject is scheduled to appear. NOTE: Dates for collection of notification letters for Candidates who sat for interviews for Kampala Centre Phase 2 (20th – 24th June, 2022) will be communicated soon.”
- Head teacher: 26th July 2022
- Deputy Head teacher: 26th July 2022
- Education Officer: 27th July 2022 (Physical Education)
- Education Officer 27th July 2022 (IRE)
- Education Officer 27th July 2022 (Agriculture)
- Education Officer 28th July 2022 (Chemistry)
- Education Officer 28th July 2022 (Physics)
- Assistant Education Officer 28th July 2022 (Business Education)
- Education Officer 29th July 2022 (ICT)
- Education Officer 29th July 2022 (Mathematics)
- Education Officer 1st August 2022 (Agriculture)
- Education Officer 1st August 2022 (English)
- Education Officer 2nd August 2022 (Biology)
- Assistant Education Officer 2nd August 2022 (Physics)
- Assistant Education Officer 3rd August 2022 (Mathematics)
- Assistant Education Officer (CRE) 3rd August 2022
- Assistant Education Officer (Chemistry) 4th August 2022
- Assistant Education Officer (Physical Education) 4th August 2022
- Assistant Education Officer (Biology) 5th August 2022
- Assistant Education Officer (Kiswahili) 5th August 2022
- Assistant Education Officer (English) 8th August 2022
- Stenographer Secretary 9th August 2022
- Library Assistant 9th August 2022
- Laboratory Assistant 9th August 2022
See full list below: