Kyadondo East MP Robert Kyagulanyi aka Bobi Wine’s National Unity Platform (NUP) party has denied incumbent Rubaga North MP Moses Kasibante its flag, settling for KCCA speaker Abubaker Kawalya.
The NUP Election Management Committee, chaired by Mercy Walukamba, had been conducting a reevaluation of aspirants in at least 15 constituencies in Central Uganda.
On October 02, the Executive Board of the party announced it had passed the recommendations of the Election Management Committee after re-evaluation.
After the second round of evaluation, announced NUP, Kawalya emerged successful.
In Kawempe North, KCCA Councillor for Kawempe Muhammad Ssegirinya was handed the flag.
In Kawempe South, former NBS presenter Bashir Kazibwe won.
The party said doors are still open for those who are not satisfied with the results.
“By way of reminder, all candidates who are aggrieved by their results have the right to petition the Executive Board,” the party said in a statement.
“A panel has been put in place to handle all appeals expeditiously.”
SEE LIST OF 15 NUP FLAG BEARERS FOR CENTRAL UGANDA FOLLOWING RE-EVALUATION
- Ntwetwe County, Kyankwazi – Edward Mande
- Bukoto West, Lwengo – Kamanzi Francis
- Bukoto South, Lwengo – Kagabo Twaha Muzeyi
- Masaka District Woman – Nakiyemba Harriet
- Buwekula North, Mubende – Baleke Kayiira Peter
- Kasambya County, Mubende – Ssimbwa Bruhan
- Rakai District, Woman – Nalubega Grace
- Lwemiyaga, Sembabule – Zirridamu Paul
- Busiro South, Wakizo – Matovu Charles
- Makindye Ssabagabo Wakiso – Serukenya David